In 1950, the Saratogian reported “The bottling house was moved to the top of the hill to the west and is now being used on the property of E. Raymond Smith as a garage. A metal horse on the top of the barn still tells which way the wind is blowing..”
Today, the Mineral Springs at Quaker Springs are maintained by the Town of Saratoga. The Springs are open for visits and inspection. The Springs are located on Quaker Springs road just off NYS 32.
Saratoga has been defined by the natural forces that shape the land and influence ecosystems. The Hudson River cuts a valley through bands of Devonian-age marine sedimentary rocks deposited in an ancient basin prior to the Taconic orogenic event. The river meanders across its valley with broad, flat floodplain areas alternating with steep cutbanks and bluffs. Above the river valley are dissected upland areas with exposed bedrock, rolling hills, and narrow valleys draining west to east flowing streams. There are many sites like the Mineral Springs in Quaker Springs that help define this community and our region. Natural resources and the systems that link them – geology, hydrology, and habitat – are important to the historic and cultural landscapes that we value in our community and wish to preserve. The natural and built environments are inextricably linked. Preserving key natural landscapes enhances historic settings and protects the natural systems that are shared throughout our community, county and region.